Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Blood of Queens

Book 2 in The Crows Gambit has an actual title now!  The Blood of Queens.

You know that feeling when you know you have a mountain of work ahead of you, and you're all set and prepared for it, then you do something that blows it up and piles a whole lot more work on top of it?

Yeah... that.

I just did that today while revising/rewriting!

There's a lot of good groundwork already done for book 2, with 68K words (as of today) written out. I'm at about the 30K word area of this rewrite, and those last 38K words that already exist? They're a mess for where this rewrite is going, and I'm making them worse, not better. Whatever, I'll roll with it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Either way, the end result will be better. At least that's the plan. I'm picking up steam as I continue to work on it too, which is nice.

And now some housekeeping!

This graphic will be so much cooler for The Blood of Queens, because people will know 
some of the characters and I can just put things like "More Molly!" and "More Haim!" etc.

There's a sale on the ebook of The Blood of Crows from June 26th to 30th for 99¢ as a coordinated effort on the part of the SPFBO8 authors. There will be over 40+ indie books (almost 50 as I write this) in the sale from a bunch of great authors.

The Full list of Books on Sale and co-ordination of the sale is all being handled by the wonderful E. G. Radcliff.

No matter how far I get (or don't get) in this competition, the other authors that I'm meeting, and getting to know, really are the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment