Tuesday, May 31, 2022

I Broke Blogger! (MY BOOK IS OUT!!!!!!!!)

 I broke blogger... You see, I had a big celebration post scheduled to go last Thursday when The Blood of Crows launched. And... it's still there... scheduled to go at 9am... last Thursday. Every time I go into it I get an error. Every time I try to delete it... it tells me it's not there.

I've opened a ticket. I might need an exorcist.

So, uh, you get some of that fanfare here!


My book is out!!! Like, actually out, and in people's hands. And people are reading it!


I have a cool dashboard that I'm absolutely not obsessng over and refreshing multiple times a day when I should be doing other, important things, like blogging...

It gives me sales breakdowns by territory and format. Right now, it looks a bit like this:

Which I'm certain looks like garbage if you're viewing this on mobile, but the breakdown is cool. I can see how many individual copies are sold, and even how many Kindle Unlimited page reads there are (and multiple someone's are blazing through it in that format).

On the front-end of things, I'm getting reviews! 2 so far, and they're both 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I've also entered my novel in Mark Lawrence's Self Published Fantasy Blog Off contest, which takes 300 entries, puts them in front of 10 judges, and whittles them down to a final champion. I don't know how far I'll get, but it has a great community around it that I'm happy to be a part of.

The Blood of Crows has been assigned to Lynn's Books + The Critiquing Chemist, and looking over their likes and dislikes, and reading through a bunch of their reviews, I think I'm in a good spot.

I was going to give a writing update (there's stuff happening there too), but there's a lot going on in this post already. Tomorrow is a chemo day for Mal, so I'll be spending a good portion of the day in a coffee shop or in my car. I'll likely get some more writing done and post an update on that end of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment