Friday, May 20, 2022

7 Days

 The Blood of Crows launches into the world for anyone to read in seven days. That's terrifying!

A lot can happen in 7 days. There's tonnes of lore and mythology around the number to back up that assumption. 

The Ring (the 2002 horror movie adaptation of another movie I've never seen and likely never will) was filmed in seven days.

The Beatles, The Ramones, The Velvet Underground,  The Stooges, and Black Sabbath all recorded entire albums in less than seven days.

The fastest speed-runner of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild could do their speedrun of the game that took me three-hundred plus hours to finish, an impressive four-hundred fifteen times and still have enough time to make and eat a really good sandwich.

I mean, from what I gather, in just seven days, Frankenfurter can make you a ma-ahaha-han. Or... something. 

We even built our week around the number seven. Well, the Babylonians did, based on the number of celestial objects they could observe, and the rest of us just inherited it (and our sixty minute hour) from them.

Either way, it seems like a lot can be accomplished in that time.

Publishing a book is the best I can manage, and really, only if you don't count the months and years of work beforehand. It's all scheduled to go, I just have to not break it.

All I have to do at this point is keep working on book 2, try to make some noise about it here and there, and do everything in my power to not freak out.

And convince people to buy it... without being too obnoxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment