Sunday, April 24, 2022

Back From the Dead, by Popular Demand!

6 Years... 
As in exactly 6 years since the last time I updated this thing... to the day. Weird how that worked out.

So, how have you been? 

Uh-huh... That's great. Enough about you, let's talk about me.

Where have I been? Well, let's start with that title. It's a lie. I'm lying to you with that title. I was neither dead, nor is there any sort of popular demand for me to revitalize my blog. But here we are.

A lot can happen in 6 years. The latter half of 2016 was... rough, mentally speaking, and the world as a whole has been a fair bit colder, crueler, and darker as a place to live, and that's without taking an entire globe sweeping pandemic into account (and that's still here).

My literary agent left the business to chase what he wanted, that's good for him. I quit writing for a time, that's not so good for me. I didn't think I had it in me to go through the whole query and submission process again, and without a submission list, I would have had to do it all with a different book.

I didn't want to go there. So, I tinkered on and off with different stories. Poured myself into a new role at my day-job. And helped out my writer friends as much as possible with critiques, brainstorming, and in some cases just listening.

Then, the pandemic happened. 

There I was looking at Crow's Blood again and wanting to get it out there. And if that was the goal, then I might as well do it myself.

I strapped in, did a full revision pass, hired a wonderful editor (Fiona McLaren), who helped me get "The Blood of Crows" into a polished state, and an amazing cover artist (Thea Magerand), who produced a truly beautiful cover.

Now, I'm back at work on book 2, and trying to not freak out as May 26th draws nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment