Thursday, September 20, 2012

Progress Report

This is just a super-quick blog update (I hope).

I'm writing another "Character Building" scene, which are generally very tough for me as they don't tend to feel as "active" as other scenes.  This one however is coming along quite well, so far I'm pretty happy with it.

I've had a few people ask for an actual progress report, or to put up a percentage meter on the site so they'd know how far along I am in this endeavour.  Well, simply put, I can't as  I really don't know how far along I am in the overall scheme of things.

Here's what I can tell you:

I'm on my second revision, which is largely a rewrite to fix some major plot and character issues.  I'm doing it a viewpoint character at a time, of which there are three.  I'm about halfway through the first character.  So, you could say I'm about 1/6th of the way through this revision.  I'm also 100 pages in, you could say it that way too.

What I can put up is a word count bar, and I have, it'll only be representative of the current revision.  I'll try to keep it updated.

That will have to do for now since I can't tell you how many revisions it will take.  Once I've gone through this process and have a better idea of what my process is and how many revisions I take, I'll be able to switch over to the much less informative, but more comforting percentage model.

 - Grimm

No comments:

Post a Comment