Monday, November 19, 2012

Today the Words Were Easy

If I could have writing days like this all the time I'd be published by now. There's a saying that you have to write a million words before you get published. Well, if I could pull off the ~3,400 I did today every day, that would only take me 295 days.

To top it, look at that, two blog posts in one day! And I had a productive day at my paying job too! Of course, if all of my writing consists of starting sentences with conjunctions and ending them with exclamation marks, well, let's just say I'd need one hell of a good Agent and a very tolerant Editor to get published.

My draft just ticked past 80,000 words and it's on the steep uphill slope of the final climax in the book. The one piece I've drafted over and over and over, and it seems to be flowing pretty damned good right about now.

If it wasn't for the heaviness of my eyelids I'd probably continue writing. Let's just say I've learned not to do that. Now I just make myself some quick notes and wobble off to bed.

That said, it's time to commence wobbling.

- Grimm

P.S. Be sure to check out The Next Big Thing Blog Hop entry on my blog. I'm kicking it over to Brandi M Lynch on her blog at http://www.branwrites.blogspot.com. I'm looking forward to what she has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment