Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Achievement Unlocked: Wordasaurus!


It was either Wordasaurus, or Velociwriter, I think I made the right choice.

Here I am on the 15th of November, A.K.A. NaNoWriMo Half-way day, and I've actually completed 25K words! It feels fantastic!

I fell behind early on and had to play catch-up by bumping my daily word count quota from 1667 to 2000, and 2000 is such a comfortable number for me that I think I'll keep it there for the rest of NaNoWriMo. This structured writing thing is definitely working.

I've only used about 1/3 of my outline for BookB, and still have lots of story to tell. I've read over some of it and it's certainly got a few rough patches, but I'm very quickly getting it drilled into my head that this IS the first draft, not the final work. I'll be revising it until I hate it, so any time I feel the need to do a major re-write on a chapter or something I simply make detailed notes of what I need to change in a secondary document (the outline actually).

I do still make minor re-writes as I go, but that seems to be less detrimental to my pace than constantly re-writing the same chapters over and over again. I'm having a blast, and hope to be able to share something with my thousands of dedicated followers either by the end of the year, or early next year.

-Grimm

No comments:

Post a Comment