Monday, December 12, 2011

Subconsciously Procrastinating.

Writing of my first draft continues, I'm going at about a 750 Word-per-day pace if you average it out with some of the days off that I've taken.  I have the outlines for all the main story chapters leading up to the climax of the story, I'll have to back-fill and revise and put in all the side story afterwards.  I have some ideas in that regard and some of it outlined, but I haven't reached a point of clarity on how exactly it will proceed just yet.

I'm really not looking forward to the first revision/edit.  There's a LOT that has to be fixed and updated, and I'm beginning to wonder if that's why my pace has slowed, as a form of procrastination.  Of course, it could have something to do with the 11 lb. kitten (Mal) that insists on curling up between my chest and laptop on my office table, purring away and clinging to my right arm.  Yeah, that's a good excuse too.

I wrote a fun little scene this evening, the culmination of what I hope to be a nice little bit of character development throughout the story.  Of course, a lot of that development has to be back-filled, since it wasn't really key to the plot, just key to the character that wormed his way into becoming the main character.

Still enjoying every second of the process, we'll see how long that keeps up once the main plot-line is written and it's time to make it into something decently readable.

- Grimm

No comments:

Post a Comment