Sunday, August 15, 2010

T-t-t-t-Troll in the Dungeon!

I am, by nature, not a very social creature. I need my structure, my solitude, and my quiet in regular doses. Juxtaposed to that, I can also be quite the extrovert, which comes of being often bored in the public school system, where my only outlet was to be the class clown.

My immediate family knows this about me and tends to deal with it quite amicably, knowing that I get increasingly more difficult to deal with if I don't have my quiet time.

The past few weeks have been less structured than normal. I now have a Troll living in my dungeon. I'm serious, it has funny coloured hair, a jewel in the bellybutton, and an odd, ever-changing nose adornment. Troll right? Well, it's living in my dungeon under the stairs, which was meant to be a fortress of solitude at some point, but now will have to wait. I'm content with the arrangement. I've found writing at 3 and 4 in the morning to afford as much solitude as I've needed.

The last 2 days have been very social and very unstructured due to the wedding of two wonderful friends. Don't misunderstand me, I had an incredibly entertaining time with some great people. Even had a "people of Walmart" moment when picking up some much needed supplies (mostly a potty training seat for my toddler). Regardless of all that, I'm pretty sure I've met my social quota for the next month at the very least.

All told over the whole weekend, not counting tonight I got about 700 words done. Kind of weak, but then again, I did have some amazing thoughts to add to my notes on the 4 hour drive home.

-Grimm

No comments:

Post a Comment